Please scroll to your device type below to view instructions on how to enable closed captioning.
- Press the CC button just below the show title to toggle closed captioning ON/OFF.
Note: If you aren't seeing this option simply move your mouse/cursor to that area to "wake it up."
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select Accessibility (if not listed, choose CAPTIONS).
- Choose the caption mode you prefer.
The different closed captions available to most devices are as follows:
Off – captions never appear
On – captions always appear (when available)
On always – captions always appear (when available)
On replay – captions appear after pressing Replay button
On mute – captions appear when volume is muted (not available on all Roku devices)
Ensure your accessibility settings are enabled on your Android device.
- Open your device's Setting app.
- Tap Accessibility, then tap Caption Preferences.
- At the top, turn on Use Captions.
- On Pluto TV App, while watching a program, tap the CC icon to activate.
- Enable CC by tapping your preferred language.
Ensure your accessibility settings are enabled on your Amazon Fire TV television.
- Start playing a program.
- Press the Menu button on your remote and choose Subtitles and Audio.
- Toggle captions Off, then select an available subtitle language to turn captions ON.
- Press the Menu button to return to viewing with subtitles on.
iOS - tvOS
How to turn on closed captioning on your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility.
- Scroll to Subtitles & Captioning.
- Turn on Closed Captions + SDH.
- On Pluto TV, while watching a program, tap the CC icon .
How to turn on closed captioning on your tvOS device:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to General >Accessibility > Subtitles and Captioning.
- Turn closed captioning ON.